Gesbit

The other blog manager

Bugfixing tag, 2 post(s)

Feed Rss, Atom

Get rid of the "/e option" and few more stuff

Finally, I have check that the changes I did to remove the /e option are running.  They needed some changes because I commit few mistakes applying the fixes.

Also, I've fixed some bugs on the gbSimple theme.  Now it renders the link to comments correctly.  It has also more style rules for more labels, as <code>, for example.

Does it mean that version 2.1.0 will be released soon?  I hope, but I can't say a date.  Also I need to revise a few more stuff.

Some SVN updates

May be I should tell to you that the preg_replace /e option issue is on the way to be fixed.

What's the /e option issue

It is fully explained in this page, but basically the /e option is added at the end of the regular expression to tell to function preg_replace it must call to a function with every result of the search.

The problem appears when it is used to format or validate data sent by user to be displayed in a page.  In that case it can be used to inject PHP code.  A fast fix is to substitute preg_replace by preg_replace_callback.  Another fix is to use other algorithms or code to do the work.

What I'm doing to fix it

I'm doing a simple update to the Gesbit core to fix it.  In some cases I've updated some third party libraries that fixes this issue by themselves.  In other cases I've modified several core lines.  This last cases I'm doing the "fast fix" I talked previously.

I didn't test all them so may be they don't work properly at the moment.  If you find any issue, please tell me.